24 February 2013

Book Review: His Leading Lady by Paula Martin

His Leading LadyHis Leading Lady by Paula Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jess seems to have spent most of her life being there for others, especially her twin sister, Lora. It's no wonder she agrees to step in and become Lora when her sister disappears, leaving the director of the play under a lot of pressure.
Kyle is in a difficult situation, his leading lady has disappeared, but she has a twin sister, one who looks exactly like her.
Will he dare replace his leading lady or will he wait for Lora's return?
I've come across this book several times on the Internet, and every time its title made me pause and wonder. I was very intrigued by the idea and the excerpt did it for me.
Reading His Leading Lady was like unwrapping a gift and discovering it right in every way. The story was told smoothly; Jess and Kyle were perfect together, even Lora was loveable once the reason behind her disappearance was revealed.
Each of them was real with his or her own set of doubts, insecurities, and triumphs. Mostly, I loved the masterful way each scene was abstractly painted giving me the opportunity to fill in the rest of the details. I have decided that Lora has a small white round rug in her living room. Don't ask me why :-)
His Leading Lady is a book I intend to visit again...it's one of those very precious tales.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Very many thanks for this review, Su. I do like the idea of a small white round rug - I can see that too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Paula. I'm glad you see the rug as well :-) Thanks for a great read.

      Delete