12 July 2013

Book Review: Witches by Kathryn Meyer Griffith

WitchesWitches by Kathryn Meyer Griffith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amanda is a powerful white witch and a good-hearted woman who has lost the love of her life. She struggles with her grief even as a black witch, Satan’s favorite, plots against her. The black witch has her eyes on Amanda and her evil plan can change history and doom everyone. The first part of the book is Amanda’s back story, who she was and how she came to be where she was.

I loved the vividly drawn scenes be it at Amanda’s place, Jessie’s, or Rachel’s. I chose these three places because they are either separated by distance or time (you’ll know what I mean when you read it).
I wish there was more of Amadeus and Tibby, even a scene with both in it. That would've been hilarious.
Witches doesn’t have the trap most books fall into, the repeated self-doubting questions. On the contrary, it possesses a good balance that serves to remind us of Amanda’s loss or reason for happiness without rubbing it in.
The nifty ending was the perfect wrap-up.
This book is worth the time and money to read, I strongly recommend it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment