She’s one active storyteller. Let's find out more about her and her latest release Damaged.
- Tell us a bit about yourself.
I like to keep busy, and usually find myself swamped with stuff to do.
- When and why did you begin writing?
Besides, I’d been making up stories in my head since I was a kid, so writing them down was bound to happen. I’ve never looked back.
- If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
They’re both amazing and led me down the darker path of storytelling.
- Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
- How long does it take you to write a book?
The final product takes several months, though. I’m a little superstitious and refuse to share my story until three drafts have been completed.
- What do you like to do when you're not writing?
My fave non-writing thing in the world is having hubby and daughter home so we can just hang out.
- What does your family think of your writing?
As for my daughter, she loves checking out my covers, and has even helped me figure out a few things as far as characters go. She’s also come up with some titles for me. She’s only ten, but it looks like she’s inherited my crazy overactive imagination, lol.
- What genre are you most comfortable writing?
If I had to answer the question as truthfully as I can, I would have to say that I’m most comfortable writing when there’s something supernatural/otherworldly going on.
- Do you ever come up with anything so wild that you scare yourself, that leaves you wondering where that came from?
- The perception of the horror writer is that he/she is just a little bit weirder than most. Do you find yourself — and other horror writers — to be more idiosyncratic than the average person?
I’m also quite happy to spend most of the day at home, too. I’m a little bit of a hermit, except for my daily walks. I must go for a walk every single day… see, there it is. I didn’t mean to, but I just proved myself right. ;)
- Can you share a little of your current work with us?
It’s a horror story about a woman who thinks she might be losing her mind, but like everything else, there’s always more to the story.
You can find out more about Damaged here: http://www.damnationbooks.com/book.php?isbn=9781615721795
- How did you come up with the title for your book?
- Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
There are always going to be negative forces that you can’t control in your life, which I portrayed in the way of a demoness’s effect on Lane’s life, sanity, and marriage, but in real life there are other personal demons we can’t keep from our lives. The one thing we can do is try to overcome them by finding happiness and doing whatever it takes to get there. Things don’t usually fall into your lap. You’ve got to make them happen.
I think it’s important to find happiness. Life’s too short not to.
- Are there parts of the book based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
- If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
- Where can we find you online?
I also like to hang out at Twitter: http://twitter.com/yolandasfetsos
Yolanda, having you over is always a pleasure. Thank you for stopping by and good luck with your new release.