24 April 2010

J. K. Rowling

I'm impressed.

I truly am. J. K. Rowling had created a world of magic, spells, monsters, and maintained the theme of the book till the end. You can tell I just finished reading Deathly Hallows, the 7th installment of Harry Potter. The book is not aimed at my age (Oops), however, she really drew me in. I burned dinner twice the other night, so engrossed I was in the book to finish it. I laughed, I cheered, and at one very critical moment in the book, I cried. It wasn't the first time, she had done it to me when a very special character died in Order of the Phoenix (if you know your Potter.)


Love is the undertone of each book, and Joanna Rowling had kept it going, and explained it all at the end in the most convincing manner.


I'm not writing this as a reader admiring an author only, but as someone who had created worlds of her own (smaller, I admit.) I can understand the hard work that went into those seven books, the necessity of weaving all those magical webs together, and the sleepless nights, the too narrow corners she must have driven herself into and had to find her way back in a believable way. And she did it.


There are rumors on the net that J. K. Rowling might've been a one time genius, that she doesn't have it in her to create another masterpiece. I'm not going to agree or disagree with that statement—only J. K. Rowling knows the answer to that one. But I believe that even if it were true, a one time genius is better than never a genius.


Joanne Rowling, I take my hat off to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment