06 June 2012

Book review: Mind Game by Christine Feehan

Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2)Mind Game by Christine Feehan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When I finished reading book 1 in the series, I hoped book 2 would be about Nico, and it is.
Nicolas Trevane is a cold and efficient killer, a good killer at that. He lives by his own code of right and wrong, and a big wrong is crossing people he cares about.
It is natural then, that he would go after the people trying to kill Dahlia LeBlanc, in whom he has an unusual interest that borders on obsession.
I like dark, silent, and strong men, and Nicolas is exactly that. However, Dhalia came across as too clingy at times. She has suffered a lot, her gifts are dangerous and out of control, and she has been betrayed...still, the way she needed Nicolas' undivided attention whenever she was close by(and she always was) was irritating at times.
These are all minor annoyances, the story itself is a good one. I especially loved the banter that went back and forth between Nico and Dhalia when they were in a good mood.
Ms. Feehand didn't need to repeat herself to make sure we got the point, the complexity of Nicolas and Dhalia's affair is very obvious.
I wonder, who would be in book 3?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment